It is already almost Friday? What?! Where did this week go? We are moving on Saturday and I have not packed a box. I am terrible. I’ve had Elimination Communication on the brain, playdates over, family in town…le sigh. Oh and have you heard about Jenna Elfman, Kelly Preston and Laila Ali holding a Breastfeeding & Toxin-free Living Event April 14, 2012? More details at Best for Babes.
Here are some interesting posts worth reading. Want more? Click here to check out my other recent Sweet Links posts.
This one is so, so true. It will make you laugh – read it!
I saw red when I read a letter to an advice column from a childless woman who suspects her friend is lying about being busy all day.“Motherhood isn’t a chain of wondrous little moments strung together in one perfectly orchestrated slide show. It’s dirty and scary and beautiful and hard and miraculous and exhausting and thankless and joyful and frustrating all at once. It’s everything. Anyone who claims that motherhood is only the good stuff is simply in denial (or she’s on some serious drugs). Admitting that this job isn’t always easy doesn’t make somebody a bad mother. At least, it shouldn’t.”
I also just saw this funny-but-true comment in People’s piece, James Van Der Beek’s Free Time Is a ‘Thing of the Past.’ I think I finally think this guy is OK.
- Arizona’s anti-abortion bill: Pregnancy begins two weeks before conception – Huffington Post
- To vaccinate or not? See where Amanda Peet and Salma Hayek fall – Parenting.com <Not exactly an unbiased slideshow of celebrities but still interesting.>
- Do Potty Training Pictures Belong on Facebook? - LilSugar <Have I done this yet? I don’t think so. But it IS a password protected site.>
- The four deadly sins of mean moms - Yahoo! Shine
- The perks of closely spaced babies - Circle of Moms
- Nine ways to save big on family travel - LearnVest
- A Modern Toddler Room Makeover - LilSugar
- Eat and Run: 10 Healthy, Quick, and Easy Grab-and-Go Breakfasts For Your Family - LilSugar
- Kids Will Have To Cut Serious Calories To Halt Obesity Trend - NPR <Parenting FAIL>
- More on BLW - That Whole Baby Led Solids Thing…IT WORKS! - Conscience Parenting
- Eight discipline mistakes that most parents make - Parenting
- How to Take Pictures of Your Baby’s Hands and Feet - LilSugar <Good tips!>
- My Wardrobe Basics - The Daybook <Yes! But skinny jeans aren’t on the list? Hmmm. I’m not sure about that.>
- Do or Don’t: The half-tuck - Cup of Jo <My opinion? Don’t! Sure, it looks good in these ads but it just looks sloppy in person. What do you think?>
Mamas to be Reese Witherspoon, Molly Sims, and Alessandra Ambrósio dress up their bumps in chic frocks in beautiful shades of pink and red.
Despite the fallout since her March video, the actress maintains that there’s nothing wrong with her mealtime method. “People have been feeding their kids that way for thousands for years. It’s a weaning process.”
I think she’s not crazy. You?
Ok, enough for today. I’m out!