I am a stay-at-home mom of four children (though my baby is a preemie, still in the nicu), activist, blogger, and artist. I write about my journey through motherhood as a co-sleeping, babywearing, unschooling, triandem full-term breastfeeding parent.
In this blog you’ll find my thoughts on the treatment of women during pregnancy, birth, and breastfeeding in public and on social media along with news in the natural parenting world, my family’s adventures, and some of my edible creations.
I hope to raise my children to appreciate this world we inhabit, our environment, and each other. I do not believe in any one parenting style or technique because I just do what works for me and my family and I believe everyone else can do the same. I have had people tell me I’m an attachment parent and my kids are free range kids. I don’t really like labels but I will take those as compliments.
I am passionate about normalizing breastfeeding and putting a stop to the controlling and shaming of women for their female bodies. I am happy to help promote awareness of these causes by allowing my photographs and stories to be published internationally in magazines and online.
I think having a natural, intervention free, physiological pregnancy and birth is too rare in the United States and needs to be normalized. My first birth was a cesarean for breech, and I will forever be scarred by it. My second birth was a lovely HBAC, my third was an amazing freebirth at home, and my 4th was a hospital freebirth! Here is my Pregnancy & Birth Advice post. This post by my fav birth blogger, Mama Birth, really hits the nail on the head about how I feel.
I am a Texan living in the SF Bay Area for over a decade. I enjoy getting outside and exploring the Bay Area and taking photos of my children and everything we do. Visit my Etsy page for paintings. And shhhh, I also love/hate celebrity gossip, romance novels, and reading other parenting blogs. Check out my post, A few good blogs to read, love, & save.
Want to get in touch? You can e-mail me at paalasblog at gmail dot com or message me on my facebook page.
Thanks and enjoy!
PS: My popular posts -
- My Third Birth: My Freebirth Story
- What a four-year-old girl reminded me about the inequality between the sexes
- My Personal Breastfeeding Journey
- The Pope Supports Breastfeeding in Public
- Read it: Every Argument Against NIP Debunked
- Why I Share Breastfeeding Photos
- My Tandem Breastfeeding Portrait in Nurture ~ Natural Parenting Magazine
- My Portrait in WirbelWind, the LLL Magazine
- My Newest Nursing Portraits
- Photos of Animals Breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding Banished from Facebook Again
- Shhhh…I do not like being pregnant
- Supermodel Natalia Vodianova knows the importance of breastfeeding skin-to-skin, shares photo on Instagram
- Why SEEING breastfeeding is important & Emma Kwasnica’s challenge to you
- My Photo Shared on Huffington Post, marking the change of Facebook’s breastfeeding photo policy
Want to subscribe? Go to your blog reader service, such as feedly, click add content or subscribe, then paste my homepage link in there, http://doublethink.us.com/paala/ , press add and then you’re done!
All information, photos, and posters shared on this blog are for educational and entertainment purposes. No alterations or modifications whatsoever may be made to any of my logos, images, or posters without written permission. I am also not a medical professional so while I do share my own family’s experiences, please contact your health care provider for personal lactation and medical advice.