And Cinco de Mayo. Did you celebrate? I know it isn’t really a real holiday but it was still nice to see friends and family. And have a very refreshing margarita while watching the kids do their thing, play with rocks and get messy. Life is sweet.
Also sweet, I just had a random person tell me they thought my art was amazing, this one in particular. That sort of made my night.
Yay for feeling nice. I see this painting every day in my house and it makes me happy. I’m glad someone else likes it too.
Anyway, check out these interesting articles that I found time to read and share with you because they were so good! Want more? Click here to check out my other recent Sweet Links posts.
Good Parenting Reads:
- Photographers’ favorite candid photos of their kids - Parenting <There are some really good shots in here. Now I want to take even MORE photos of my girls. How is that even possible?!! I love these two. Don’t they look fab together too?>
- Dad breaks a window to free daughter from daycare – ABC News <No shit they found a new daycare. Idiots.>
- Seven situations when parents should step in – and when they shouldn’t – Yahoo! Shine <Somehow I only see three, but they’re good. Like when to step in if someone else is parenting your kid.>
- More dads choosing kids over career – CNN Money <Makes sense when the dad makes less and wants to stay home. What if they make more than their wife but want to stay home? I guess they figure it out.>
- Sarah Michelle Gellar and Freddie Prinze, Jr. Expecting Second Child - People
- 25 mom confessions to top all mom confessions! - The Stir
- 3 ways to cure your child’s case of “interrupt-itis” - Circle of Moms
- What do you do when your kids make you look bad? – HuffPost Parents
Those fries are so tasty! Would you be embarrassed if your kid drew this as their favorite food and showed it to everyone who thought you only let your kid eat healthy food?
And Hugh Grant on kids…Well, his kid. This Ellen clip is pretty good.
- 10 Things You Should Know About Your First Week of Breastfeeding - Conscience Parenting
- Why the Gerber Good Start ad irks me - Fearless Formula Feeder
And your birth story of the day…
When A Birth Teacher Gives Birth – Birth Story - Mama Birth
Let’s throw in a couple more articles I read about birth & loss today while I’m at it…
- Six-year-old helps deliver her baby brother – The Press Enterprise
- What to say to a friend who’s suffered a miscarriage – lilSugar.com <Seems like simple, good to know advice.>
OK! Enough. Goodnight!