A moving video about equal rights for women is going viral. Women’s rights are still a major issue, despite how much we have come in the last century. Women are paid less than their male counterparts. Women have unnecessary c-sections performed on them. Women are raped in the streets during broad daylight. Women are harassed and even kicked out of businesses for breastfeeding. Women are forced to find other clinics to provide birth control, STD and cancer screenings because Planned Parenthood’s funding was cut from the Susan G. Komen Foundation in an attempt to disable women’s access to abortion services. State sanctioned rape is not acceptable but somehow, it is happening!
The women in the video bring up things women around the country face every day — harassment when they try to hold control over their own bodies and laws that block them from choosing their own health care routes.
“I am done being excluded from decisions about my sexual and reproductive health,” says one woman.
“I will not be quiet, I will not wait my turn, I will not heed you,” says another. “I know my physical and mental strength and I do not fear you.”
How can you help women? Share this video. Share your knowledge of things you’re passionate about with other women. For me, that is reproductive rights, birth stories, and breastfeeding support and advice.
Let’s make a better world for our children, especially our daughters.
- In the News: Sexually Assaulted Woman In DC Writes Essay - Paa.la
- My First Birth: Cesarean for Breech - Paa.la
- ACLU’s Women’s Rights Page
- Timeline of the Women’s Rights Movement by Ann-Marie Imbornoni
- Virginia’s Proposed Abortion Ultrasound Law & Santorum & Jon Stewart: The Punanny State
- Video: Bad Romance: Women’s Suffrage
- Video: Covering Up is a Feminist Issue- Phd in Parenting
- Texas Loses Entire Women’s Health Program Over Planned Parenthood Law