I do quite a bit of reading online (because it is free and fast and the babies can’t rip pages when there aren’t any) and have a few mom bloggers that I just adore.
At the top of my list is my favorite mom blogger, Mama Birth. She helped me through two pregnancies, births, and postpartum periods. Here are a few good links to read from her blog. And yep, she’s a self proclaimed natural birth junkie. I guess I am too.
- Birth stories
- Four Things A New Mom Needs To Give HERSELF- So She Doesn’t Go Nuts
- Informing and Educating Family About Your Birth Choices
- Letting Your Best Friend Have A Bad Birth
- Attachment Parenting is Beautiful, Except for When It Sucks
- Letting People Hate Birth
- Why I Love Birth Without Fear
Speaking of Birth Without Fear, check out some of her blogs if you’re in the mood to cry. They can get pretty real about how many women feel about birthing in hospitals and when care providers do not have the mother’s best interests at heart. Skip it if you’re not into that sort of thing.
But she also posts wonderful, positive birth stories too. And videos! She also has some parenting advice posts that are pretty great. When I was transitioning from one child to two, I loved this one:
Have you seen Alphamom yet? Amalah is one hilarious chick. She gives parenting advice on all sorts of things and her pregnancy calendar is effing awesome. I have shared it with every pregnant chick I know.
- Alphamom’s Pregnancy Calendar
- New-Baby Boundaries
- Sleep, Baby, Sleep
- Stay-At-Home Realities
- A Survivor’s Guide to Air Travel With Multiple Young Children
- How To Potty Train Your Kid (Boot Camp Style)
- Potty Training Regression
- Nighttime Potty Training
- Potty Training & Travel
- Bedtime Rebellion
- From one baby to two
Bad Moms Club is also pretty funny sometimes. And spot on.
And if you want some more serious topics, check out Annie over at PhD in Parenting.
What mom blogs do you read? Share them with me! (Because I already don’t sleep enough as it is.)